Skip to content

Travel and Residence

On these pages you can find information about the services which the Danish Embassy in Kiev can provide to Danish travellers in Ukraine, Georgia and Armenia. More information relevant for Danes traveling in Ukraine, Georgia and Armenia is available on the Danish language version of our website.

As a general rule, the Danish Foreign Ministry and thus the Danish missions abroad, assist Danish citizens and, as far as possible, foreigners who have permanent residence in Denmark, where these are located outside of Denmark's borders.

Consular services include issuing of Danish passports, Danish driving license, legalization of documents, assistance in relations with illness and death, money transfers, imprisonment, abductions, etc. Read about these services on the Danish language version of our homepage.

The Danish Foreign Ministry does not provide financial support to Danish nationals and foreigners who have permanent residence in Denmark when they travel abroad. This applies to both requests to borrow money for a return ticket to Denmark, payment of bills for hospitals, payment for legal aid, etc.

N.B. Advice and guidance on this site is provided with reserves to errors and omissions. The Embassy is not responsible for damage or loss caused on the basis of information provided on this homepage.


As a general rule, a fee is attached to most services except for legal concerns of imprisonment, kidnapping and other serious crimes directed against Danish nationals.

List of Consular Fees


All forms needed to obtain a Schengen visa, work permit or residence permit in Denmark should be submitted through VFS - Visa Center. VFS have offices in the following cities: Kiev, Lviv, Kharkiv, Donetsk and Odessa. Applications for a Schengen visa are processed within ten working days, excluting questionnaires forwarded to the Immigration Service of Denmark.

We recommend contacting VFS Visa Application Centre upon general visa questions. Further information can also be found in the Visa booklet in Danish and English.

Information from other authorities and advice and guidance is provided on the homepages of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. However, the Ministry of Foreign of Affairs cannot be held responsible for possible problems regardless of the information on the homepages.