Skip to content

Unveiled in Copenhagen’s  Østre Anlæg Park in 2010, the monument was cast to resemble the hilly banks of the Dnieper River near Kaniv, the burial place of Taras Shevchenko. In formulating his design, architect Serhiy Bohuslavskyi took into consideration the small pond located nearby the monument, a reminder of the Dnieper’s symbolic importance to the poet and his work.

Interesting fact: The Shevchenko Monument is located near the building where the Ukrainian People’s Republic diplomatic mission was housed in 1918.